Monday, January 9, 2012

Day Eight


When you explain your diet to your co-workers, friends and family do they recognize the words "paleo" or "primal"? Or do they automatically lump it in the with Atkins diet? When I first sat down to write this blog post I intended to write on the increasing prevalence of the paleo approach. The paleo approach does seem to be gaining more mainstream coverage, or does it?  

When I did a quick google search I was surprised how little came up.  I have seen some pretty interesting paleo articles come up on my Facebook feed yet I was coming up fairly light on the mainstream google news front.   Perhaps the sample of people I run with on a daily basis are slightly biased (ok a lot biased) but I was sure that the nutrition world was beginning to come around.  So I thought I would put it out there for you guys and see where you have seen paleo pop up.  Here are a few places that came up on the Google search. Lets see what you guys can come up with.

17 comments:

  1. 4 points today. 1 minus point for glass of wine, 1 bonus point for fish oil.
    Can't sleep beyond 7hrs, so no bonus points for that :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 points ( 4 food + 1 fish oil + 1 WOD + 1 Sleep)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to post on the right days - oops!

    1/7 Day 7 - 5
    1/8 Day 8 - 5
    1/9 Day 9 - 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 Points ! Ya succas. I went to whole foods and stocked up and lost all my money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BY the way, not sure Dana if you posted anything about The Primal BluePrint by Sisson? Book is great, videos are great. He also was at the games this year. Many other non-crossfitters I know think hes god. ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. food =4
    class at 7:30pm =1
    8 hrs of sleep =1
    fish oil =1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex: 7 pts (4 food; 1 WOD; 1 sleep; 1 fish oil)

    Becky: 7 pts (4 food; 1 WOD; 1 sleep; 1 fish oil)

    Sorry for posting this late, got distracted today...

    ReplyDelete
  8. 01/09 - 6 ( 4 food+ 1 fish oil + 1 sleep)

    01/10- 7 ( 4 food + 1 CFM + 1 fish oil + 1 sleep)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1/10/12 6 points (3 food, +sleep/FO/CF)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gah.

    2 points for food
    1 bonus for fish oil

    ReplyDelete
  11. 6 points - slipped up on the food. Ate some processed pasta side dish. Upped my fish oil to 1280. Will reach 3000 EPA by end of week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. CBS 5 did a big package on Crossfit a little while ago (mid-December?) where the reporter actually started doing it. I believe they talked about paleo/primal diet, too.

    I come across a fair number of people who have at least heard about it. Facebook friends, baristas at Starbucks, new people I meet if it comes up in conversation. I hear "grass-fed beef" and "local produce" nearly everywhere I go now, mostly from non-paleo folks. The times they are a-changin'.

    Day eight: 5 points (4 food, 1 fish oil)

    ReplyDelete